Calgary Highlanders Royal Canadian Army Cadets
Founded July 1st, 1986, sponsored by the Airdrie Legion Branch #288 and the Calgary Highlander Regiment
With the deteriorating weather conditions I have decided to cancel cadets tonight. The safety of the cadets is my first priority.
1. I understand that you all wanted to receive your 2019/2020 Annual Ceremonial Review (ACR) awards tonight, but you will receive them all on the 24 Nov.
2. The following parade night, 17 Nov, was also a scheduled night off.
3. Tonight we were to remember the fallen soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I encourage you all to watch the virtual Remembrance Day service that #288 Legion will be putting on tomorrow.
4. We have scheduled a fun Run and Shoot biathlon day for the 22 Nov. Because we won’t be attending cadets tonight, I need any cadet that is wanting to attend to email Capt Daum saying you are available no later then 13 November 2020. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The unit has approved the use of the app TeamSnap. This will help with the communications within the unit and give the cadets and parents the most up to date information in a timely fashion. This will also allow for cadets to instantly submit their availability. Stay tuned and watch for the email invitation!
See you all on the next parade night of 24 Nov 2020!
Please note below the Airdrie Legion Remembrance Day Ceremony:
3016 Day FTX
Date: 24 October 2020
Location: Airdrie Agriculture building
97 East Lake Ramp
Dress: FTU's or appropriate outdoor clothing. Dress for the weather, toque, gloves and winter coat is mandatory.
General: bring full water bottle, snacks, paper and pencil, back pack.
Lunch is provided. Bring your mask.
See you all on Saturday.
Thank you for the interest in 3016 Calgary Highlanders Army Cadets!!!
A new cadet intake will occur on the 13th October 2020 at the School starting at 1900hrs-2000hrs. Please contact Capt. Barton for further information.
3016 Calgary Highlanders Army Cadets have been given approval to conduct in person training to start this Tuesday 6 October 2020. The focus will be a fun but safe environment for all!!
The staff of the unit have been working extremely hard to ensure that the unit will be successful this year. With the COVID response and requirements we have put in safety measures to ensure everyone’s safety and keeping in line with the Formations orders and Alberta Health Services.
06 October 2020
Location: Airdrie Christian Academy – 77 Gateway Dr NE, Airdrie
Timings: 1900hrs - 2115hrs (Senior cadets to arrive between 1815-1830hrs)
Dress: FTU’s. If your uniform does not fit arrive in appropriate civilians.
General: COVID Briefing / Training Briefing / Admin Briefing
Once we parade on this Tuesday the Supply Officer, OCdt Rent, will brief you all on the supply process to ensure you get your uniforms or exchanges.
1. Every cadet and staff member will wear a mask.
2. Arriving at the school use the east entrance only.
3. There will be a sign in / sanitization station set up as soon as you enter the building. Every person will be required to sign in.
4. Only cadets and staff will be permitted to enter the building. Unfortunately, no parents or visitors will be authorized to enter.
5. If you are showing any COVID signs and symptoms please do not attend.
6. COVID questions will be asked prior to signing in.
7. COVID briefing to occur each night.