Calgary Highlanders Royal Canadian Army Cadets
Founded July 1st, 1986, sponsored by the Airdrie Legion Branch #288 and the Calgary Highlander Regiment
Just a reminder to all that there will be no cadets tonight as per the schedule.
On behalf of the Chair, Tara Lacusta, and in the interest of COVID restrictions tonight’s parents meeting will be virtual for all parents using The platform “BlueJeans” at 1900hrs.
Stand by for the email invite this afternoon. We will be using the email address we have on file.
With the deteriorating weather conditions I have decided to cancel cadets tonight. The safety of the cadets is my first priority.
1. I understand that you all wanted to receive your 2019/2020 Annual Ceremonial Review (ACR) awards tonight, but you will receive them all on the 24 Nov.
2. The following parade night, 17 Nov, was also a scheduled night off.
3. Tonight we were to remember the fallen soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. I encourage you all to watch the virtual Remembrance Day service that #288 Legion will be putting on tomorrow.
4. We have scheduled a fun Run and Shoot biathlon day for the 22 Nov. Because we won’t be attending cadets tonight, I need any cadet that is wanting to attend to email Capt Daum saying you are available no later then 13 November 2020. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The unit has approved the use of the app TeamSnap. This will help with the communications within the unit and give the cadets and parents the most up to date information in a timely fashion. This will also allow for cadets to instantly submit their availability. Stay tuned and watch for the email invitation!
See you all on the next parade night of 24 Nov 2020!
Please note below the Airdrie Legion Remembrance Day Ceremony:
3016 Day FTX
Date: 24 October 2020
Location: Airdrie Agriculture building
97 East Lake Ramp
Dress: FTU's or appropriate outdoor clothing. Dress for the weather, toque, gloves and winter coat is mandatory.
General: bring full water bottle, snacks, paper and pencil, back pack.
Lunch is provided. Bring your mask.
See you all on Saturday.